FOI 5639- Data relating to Overseas Visitors
Date: 19 September 2019 to 19 September 2022
1.Between 23 October 2017 and 23 April 2019, how many ID checks did your trust carry out under the NHS (Charges to Overseas Visitors) (Amendment) Regulations 2017?
2. How many patients were found to be chargeable?
3. Please provide an anonymised list of what treatments the charges made were for.
4. Please give a total amount charged to overseas visitors in that time period.
5. How many staff do you employ as part of your overseas visitors team, specifically to enforce the regulations? If no-one holds this as their only role, please provide this in terms of staff hours.
6. What is the annual cost of these staff?
7. If possible, please provide a breakdown of chargeable patients’:
country of origin
category of medical urgency
8. Did any patients have bills issued that were later revoked because they were found to be for a treatment that should not have been charged for? If so:
- Request ID:FOI 5639
- Category:Trust - Financial Spend (general)