Maternity records are going digital!
Date: 04 September 2020
We are excited to announce that maternity records and notes are going digital! This will allow women access to their notes online, instead of carrying large, paper based maternity notes.
The new and fully digital solution gives pregnant women access to a web portal, with the system running in collaboration with the Trust’s pregnancy self-referral scheme.
If your due date is from 1 April 2021 onwards, and your booking date with your midwife is on or after 14 September 202, you will be able to access all your notes online – you will no longer be given paper notes to carry to each appointment!
If your due date is before 1 April 2021, you will still receive paper notes.
By using digital maternity records, we will see a range of improvements to the service we offer to women and their families, including:
- Allowing information to be viewed electronically at any time
- Women spend less time completing paper referrals with their midwife and more quality time engaging, therefore they are able to detect any anomalies in their pregnancy
- Women are able to look up information specifically related to their pathway electronically, at their own convenience
- Women completing the booking information electronically prior to booking will have more quality time to spend with the midwife at their appointment
- Information is now secure and women do not have the burden of remembering to carry the antenatal notes to each appointment
- Data is more easily readable and in a structured format and no longer unreadable and disorganised
- Women can now be supplied electronic leaflets rather than paper and these can be tailored to each pregnancy
This is part of the Trust’s vision to be recognised for innovation in care and implementing brilliant solutions.
Contact your midwife to find out more about Digital Maternity Records.
We are excited to announced that maternity records and notes are going digital! This will allow women access to their notes online, instead of carrying large, paper based maternity notes.